Sunday, November 1, 2009

A chapter for a friend

Unrequited love is one of the greatest. It stays forever, and it never dies. One of the greatest quote that I’ve heard tonight. Heard that one of my friend is admitted to the hospital due to brain infection. It never gets to me until now that it sounds bloody serious.

For all the time that I’m there, then it occurs to me that I’ve known that guy. We’ve hanged out. We’ve talked. We’ve even shagged before. I paused the drama that I was watching whilst reading a status updated by a friend of mine;. “…. Felt guilty unable to visit him”. Now for more than ever I felt the biggest guilt conjuring inside me. Thinking what have I done. What might happen if I didn’t go there in time.

I really liked him. I mean not in a weird way. In a friendship kind of way. We never get good friends very often, and when we do have one, we tend to keep them as long as we can. As time passed by, we’ve manage to live our lives in separate ways. We’ve lost contact. Then we kept in contact again. On and off. I’ve always known he is sick. But never could I expected that it was this serious. Then it hits me that I could have lost him forever without spending enough time with him.

I could never forgive myself if that happens. I know I haven’t been such a great friend. We’ve not even pass the border of “best friends” yet. We kept it low and simple. More than an acquaintance, less than a lover. This is the first time I write about him. I knew he wrote about me before in his previous blog which I haven’t got a chance to read it since he closed it down decades ago. I just wished he would’ve forgive me. I mean for all the stuff that I’ve done to him.

He’s the greatest actors I knew so far. He could still laugh and fool you and still be in a great pain. I guess that’s why everybody loves him. Started out as a nerd, and now he’s a grown man. Never could’ve believe that.

Get well soon Mr. Ameer Zachery. We all love you and keep up the courage.

Always been here,
Shaku

0 comments: